Cloud Architect (Financial, Strategic role in cloud system design and development)
The Cloud Architect will manage the corporation’s cloud architecture and position in cloud environments. You will play a strategic role in maintaining all cloud systems including the front-end platforms, servers, storage, and management networks.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cloud computing and technology systems, as well as experience designing and transferring applications to the cloud. You should have a positive attitude and excellent communication skills to effectively share your knowledge.
· Create a well-informed cloud strategy and manage the adaption process.
· Participate in architecture office for architecture review and approval
· Regularly evaluate cloud applications, hardware, and software
· Develop and organize cloud systems
· Work closely with IT security to monitor the company's cloud privacy
· Respond to technical issues in a professional and timely manner
· Offer guidance in infrastructure movement techniques including bulk application transfers into the cloud.
· Identify the top cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of the company.
· Design Cloud Native Application Architectures or optimize applications for AWS / Azure
· Independently lead client design workshops and delivery complex projects with AWS / Azure native services
· Business Case development/TCO, application assessment, and migration planning, Cloud Operating Model design
· Contribute to the company cloud community and assets
· Provide solutions to complex business problems for area(s) of responsibility where analysis of situations requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives
· Set strategic direction to establish near term goals for area of responsibility
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or relevant field
· Over 6-10+ years’ working experience in IT covering the following:
o 3-5+ years' experience designing, executing and supporting cloud solutions
o Strong cloud architecture design in application, security and infrastructure
o Achieved Associated Solution Architect or Solutions Architect Certifcation
o Professional qualifications like CISA, CISSP and relevant cloud security certification are a plus
o Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work
o Excellent knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current computing trends
o Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate complicated cloud reports to management and other IT development partners